Libya exhibits Gaddafi’s belongingsOctober 25th, 2011 - 2:10 pm ICT by IANS
Cairo, Oct 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Libya’s new authorities have organised an exhibition of personal belongings of late Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi, Egypt’s MENA agency said Tuesday.
Gaddafi, who ran the country for 42 years, was killed Thursday. He was reportedly executed shortly after being captured by supporters of the National Transitional Council (NTC) near his home town of Sirte.
The exposition includes Gaddafi’s gold pistol, which was on him when he was captured after months of hunting for him. Another object on display is his mobile phone, which he used to call a woman in Syria and his daughter Aisha in Algeria shortly before he was captured Thursday.
Gaddafi, his son Mutassim and former defense minister Abu Bakar Younis, who were killed with him, will be buried in the Libyan desert Tuesday. The burial site has not been revealed.
- Gaddafi daughter asks Libyans to revolt - Nov 30, 2011
- Gaddafi's son vows to avenge father's death - Oct 23, 2011
- NTC seeks Gaddafi family's extradition - Oct 21, 2011
- Gaddafi's fugitive son says he is innocent - Oct 29, 2011
- New rulers declare Libya officially liberated - Oct 24, 2011
- Muammar Gaddafi buried at secret location in desert - Oct 25, 2011
- Moscow questions NATO attack on Gaddafi - Oct 22, 2011
- Finally, a hunted Gaddafi bleeds to death - Oct 20, 2011
- Gaddafi kin leave Algeria for Egypt: Report - Sep 26, 2011
- Gaddafi's son Seif al-Islam held: Report - Oct 21, 2011
- Russia drafts UN resolution to secure Libyan arms - Oct 22, 2011
- US lifts most sanctions against Libya - Dec 17, 2011
- Algeria moves Gaddafi's family to capital - Sep 03, 2011
- Gaddafi killing smacks of war crime: Prosecutor - Dec 16, 2011
- Gaddafi's son to stand trial in September - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,