Liberhan debate: Chidambaram’s reply begins amid uproarDecember 8th, 2009 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 8 (IANS) Home Minister P. Chidambaram’s reply on the Liberhan Commission’s report Tuesday began amid loud uproar and slogan shouting by opposition members in the Lok Sabha.
The uproar started soon after acting speaker P.C. Chacko asked the members, who had not got the opportunity to speak, to lay their speeches on the table of the house.
The opposition members protested at this. The house had earlier witnessed noisy scenes and two adjournments over derogatory remarks by Congress MP Beni Prasad Verma against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders indicted in the report.
The uproar notwithstanding, the home minister continued to read out from his prepared reply.
- BJP fully responsible for Babri mosque demolition: Chidambaram (Lead) - Dec 08, 2009
- BJP dismisses Liberhan report; Congress blames RSS (Roundup) - Dec 08, 2009
- PM apologises for Congress MP Verma's unparliamentary comment on Vajpayee - Dec 09, 2009
- Parliament disrupted, opposition targets Chidambaram (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- After Chidambaram, opposition now guns for Krishna - Dec 09, 2011
- Telangana issue stalls parliament as MPs unite (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned as Chidambaram denies corruption charge (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Congress, opposition stall parliament over Telangana - Mar 03, 2011
- Amid sloganeering, Chidambaram participates in Question Hour - Dec 14, 2011
- Parliament disrupted over Chidambaram's role in telecom deal (Second Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Parliament adjourned for day over Anna detention (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Bedlam in Tripura assembly over July protests - Sep 02, 2011
- BJP targets Chidambaram, stalls parliament (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2011
- CWG clouds Delhi assembly monsoon session opening - Aug 29, 2011
- Parliament disrupted over Chidambaram's role in telecom deal (Third Lead) - May 08, 2012