Legislator shot at in DelhiJune 2nd, 2012 - 12:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) An independent Delhi legislator, Bharat Singh, was shot at in the Najafgarh area by unidentified attackers Saturday morning, police said.
According to police, Singh, a legislator from Najafgarh, was shot by unidentified gunmen at around 8.30 a.m.
He was taken to the nearby Mata Chanan Devi Hospital, where he is undergoing treatment.
Police are suspecting it to be a case of personal enmity and are investigating.
Singh is the brother of MCD councillor Kishen Pahalwan against whom several criminal cases are pending.
- Delhi legislator shot, critical (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Delhi legislator shot, stable (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Security of Delhi legislators to be tightened: Dikshit - Jun 02, 2012
- Four held in Delhi MLA's shooting - Jun 03, 2012
- Gang responsible for several murders busted - Jan 25, 2011
- Reward announced for capture of escaped convict - Jun 20, 2011
- Delhi legislator's attackers sent to police custody - Jun 04, 2012
- Three more held for shooting Delhi legislator - Jun 05, 2012
- Power company employee electrocuted - Jan 21, 2011
- Youth shot dead near new house - May 31, 2011
- Delhi-based transporter shot dead - Apr 25, 2012
- Shiv Sena candidate in MCD polls attacked - Apr 12, 2012
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Haryana ex-legislator surrenders after 3-week stand-off - May 27, 2011
- Man killed in Delhi - Nov 18, 2011