Legislative agenda for parliament’s monsoon session (With curtain raiser)August 6th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) The month-long monsoon session of parliament beginning Wednesday has 31 new bills listed on the agenda for passage.
There are another 118 bills that are pending at different stages in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha, according to Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
Some of the key bills, both pending and on the agenda of the monsoon session:
* Lokpal Bill, 2011: Not listed for consideration in this session.
* Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill: Unlikely to come up in this session.
* Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) Bill: Not listed on agenda.
* Companies Bill: Seeks to replace and modernise the half-a-century-old act; listed for passage.
* Forward Contract Regulation Act (FCRA) Amendment Bill: Set for passage during the session.
* Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill: Likely to be considered for passage.
* Whistleblowers Protection Bill: Passed by the Lok Sabha in the winter session last year; set to be considered by the Rajya Sabha for passage.
* Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill: Likely to be rechristened the Right to Compensation, Resettlement, Rehabilitation and Transparency in Land Acquisition Bill and taken up for passage in the monsoon session.
* Women’s Reservation Bill: Passed by Rajya Sabha in 2010: likely to be taken up for passage in the Lok Sabha in this session.
* Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Bill: Set to be taken up for consideration and passage.
–Indo-Asian News Service
- No certainty about Lokpal bill in monsoon session, says Bansal (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- List of bills on monsoon agenda (To go with parliament curtain raiser) - Jul 31, 2011
- Land acquisition bill introduced in parliament - Sep 07, 2011
- Coal fuels parliament disruptions for sixth day (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Bring land acquisition amendment bill this session: BJP - Aug 26, 2010
- Work on several anti-graft bills underway: Bansal - Sep 08, 2011
- Curtailed budget session ends for assembly elections (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Key bills pile up as BJP stalls parliament - Aug 26, 2012
- Lokpal bill in parliament by Wednesday: Bansal (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- Important bills likely in monsoon session (To go with parliament curtainraiser) - Jul 25, 2010
- Parliament adjourned sine die, speaker satisfied (Third Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Legislative business in monsoon session (With '13/20: Another low-yield parliament session ends') - Sep 07, 2012
- Important bills for budget session (With Coalition hiccups come to the fore in parliament) - Apr 01, 2012
- Government unveils 31 bills for passing, 23 for introduction - Nov 16, 2011
- Bill awaits parliament nod for 25 years - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: affairs minister, amendment bill, asian news, banking laws, curtain raiser, forward contract, insurance laws, land acquisition, legislative agenda, Lok Sabha, monsoon session, parliamentary affairs, pawan kumar, pfrda, rajya sabha, regulation act, reservation bill, resettlement, session women, winter session