Legalise prostitution for society’s betterment: Priya DuttFebruary 8th, 2011 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Indore, Feb 8 (IANS) Congress MP Priya Dutt Tuesday advocated the legalisation of prostitution for the betterment of society.”I feel that prostitution should be granted a legal status so that the livelihood of sex workers is not affected,” Dutt said.
“They are a part of the society, we cannot ignore their rights. I had done a research on them and found that they get exploited from every section of the society like police and sometimes even by media,” she added.
She also commented on the issue of farmers’ suicide.
“It has been in Maharastra also, so I’ve felt this issue too. Failure to repay loans is the biggest cause, and not the government”.
She suggested that the government should make policies to facilitate repayment of loans at low interest rates.
Dutt is a Congress MP from Mumbai.
- Mamata blames Left Front for 'brutal' land laws - Mar 12, 2012
- Congress, BSP responsible for Bundelkhand farmers' suicides: BJP - May 31, 2011
- Congress MPs Priya Dutt, Nirupam meet Hazare supporters, vow support - Aug 22, 2011
- Left demands probe into farmer suicides - Feb 07, 2012
- Amid monsoon worry, interest-free loan for Rajasthan farmers - Jul 29, 2012
- Plea for CBI probe against Gujarat ATS officer - Dec 02, 2010
- Mindset against women has to change: Women MPs (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 07, 2011
- Rahul joins farmers' stir, says ashamed to be Indian (Roundup) - May 11, 2011
- Rajasthan launches interest-free loan for farmers - Jul 22, 2012
- Recognise transgenders as separate gender group: Experts - May 12, 2012
- Bengal Congress raps Mamata government over farmer suicides - Jan 22, 2012
- Farmer suicides spark Bengal political storm (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 22, 2012
- Why can't UPA dismiss Mayawati government, asks BJP (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Thwart farmers' suicides: Bengal governor - Jan 23, 2012
- Remark on Dasmunshi angers West Bengal Congress - Sep 18, 2010