Left rout will affect democratic movement: CPI-MMay 13th, 2011 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, May 13 (IANS) The mass democratic movement in India will be affected due to the Left parties’ debacle in West Bengal, Tripura unit of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) said Friday.
“West Bengal is Left’s front-ranking stronghold. Communists’ defeat in the state is a big loss and it would affect the mass democratic movement in the country,” the party’s Tripura unit chief Bijon Dhar said.
Dhar, also a CPI-M central committee member, said the West Bengal poll results were “unexpected”.
According to him, the CPI-M politburo will meet in New Delhi Monday to review its performance in West Bengal, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Assam.
“In the mass gatherings before the polls in Bengal, huge number of people participated, but these were not reflected in the poll result. However, we have full faith in the people,” Dhar said.
However, he said the election results will not have any impact on Tripura.
Meanwhile, Congress and Trinamool organised rallies across Tripura Friday. The party offices of ruling CPI-M-led Left Front wore a deserted look.
- Trinamool won't join hands with Congress for Tripura polls - Jun 17, 2012
- Tripura CPM sees ploy behind American festival - May 02, 2012
- CPI-M expels 570 cadres in Tripura - Jan 15, 2012
- Trinamool launches campaign to oust Left from Tripura - Aug 20, 2011
- 'Congress, INPT conspiring to oust Left in Tripura' - Jun 25, 2012
- Life in Tripura crippled as Left, Congress call shut-down - Jul 13, 2011
- Tripura announces holiday to mourn Left leader - Jun 07, 2011
- Parties call for 12-hour Tripura shutdown Wednesday - Jul 12, 2011
- Tripura's Left government promises corrective measures - May 14, 2011
- Present situation not ripe for third front, says CPI-M (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Communist movement won't fail in India: Prakash Karat - Jan 29, 2012
- Tripura mulls reserving jobs for Muslims - Apr 18, 2011
- Over 25 percent members inactive, lack ideology: CPI-M - Jan 25, 2010
- CPI-M fumes at denial of site in Agartala for rally - Jan 28, 2012
- CPI-M meet on president poll Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: agartala, assam, central committee member, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, debacle, democratic movement, left parties, m central, mass gatherings, politburo, poll result, poll results, puducherry, rout, tamil nadu, tripura, unit chief, west bengal