Left parties slam fuel price hike, threaten stirJune 24th, 2011 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 24 (IANS) The Left parties in West Bengal Friday slammed the price rise of fuels and threatened to start a mass movement against the frequent fuel hike.
Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) state secretariat member Rabin Deb said the increase in diesel, kerosene and cooking gas rates would only add to the burden of the common man.
“The price rise was halted for the assembly elections in five states. Now the elections are over so they have raised the prices. It will do no good except burdening the common man. We condemn this,” Deb told IANS.
Revolutionary Socialist Party state secretary (interim) Kshiti Goswami said the left parties would launch a mass movement against the announcement.
“The rise in diesel, kerosene and cooking gas prices, will only worsen matters for the common man who is already facing the heat of price escalation. We will protest against it and we will organise mass movements opposing this,” said Goswami.
The government Friday announced a hike in the price of diesel by Rs.3 per litre, kerosene by Rs.2 a litre and LPG by Rs.50 per cylinder.
This was announced by Petroleum Minister S. Jaipal Reddy after a meeting of the Empowered Group of Ministers in New Delhi.
“These policies are anti-people. The poor people and the middle class will be most affected by this decision. It will again increase the inflation rate and the price rise of essentials,” Forward Bloc state secretariat member Naren Chatterjee told IANS.
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- BJP protests fuel price hike in Maharashtra - Jun 25, 2011
- BJP protests fuel price hike, demands rollback - Jun 25, 2011
- Bengal Left Front stir against fuel hike July 4-11 - Jun 26, 2011
- BJP protests fuel price hike in Delhi, demands rollback (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- Meghalaya waives VAT on kerosene, cooking gas - Jul 01, 2011
- Pranab urge states to cut levies on diesel, LPG - Jun 27, 2011
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- Government hikes diesel price by Rs.five a litre (Second lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- BJP, SP protest fuel price hike in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Diesel, kerosene and cooking gas price hiked; common man, opposition angry (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2011
- Shutdown in Tripura Monday over hiked fuel prices - Jun 25, 2011
- Haryana waives VAT on kerosene - Jun 26, 2011
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.7, opposition and allies fret (Intro Roundup) - May 23, 2012
- Fuel price hike will have inflationary pressure: Industrialists - Jun 25, 2011
Tags: assembly elections, common man, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, fuel price hike, goswami, inflation rate, jaipal reddy, kerosene, left parties, mass movement, mass movements, price escalation, rabin, revolutionary socialist party, rs 2, rs 50, state secretariat, state secretary, west bengal