Leave BJP, Lalu tells NitishAugust 16th, 2012 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 16 (IANS) Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Thursday dared Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to snap ties with the BJP if he really cared for secularism and secular politics.
“I challenge Nitish Kumar to leave NDA (National Democratic Alliance) or snap ties with the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) if he is serious about secular politics,” Lalu told the media here.
He was reacting to a report that quoted Nitish Kumar as saying that he would desert the BJP camp if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was made the NDA’s prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha plls.
Lalu Prasad insisted that Nitish Kumar was seeking to become the prime minister.
“Though Nitish Kumar had denied this repeatedly, it is a fact that his aim is to be the PM,” he said.
- Bihar leaders in war of words over PM candidate - Jun 19, 2012
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Bihar minister dares Nitish to sack him - Jun 20, 2012
- RSS backs Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate - Jun 20, 2012
- Lalu attacks Nitish over Modi handshake (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Nobody has right to give fatwa on secularism: BJP - Jun 20, 2012
- Political war gets personal in poll-bound Bihar - Oct 10, 2010
- Nitish close to Modi, says Lalu - May 06, 2012
- NDA PM should be like Vajpayee: Sushil Modi - Jun 19, 2012
- Few takers for Sushil Modi's claim that Nitish PM material - Sep 03, 2012
- Sharad Yadav dodges queries on Modi as PM row - Jun 20, 2012
- Tension between BJP, JD-U 'a drama': Lalu Prasad - Jun 20, 2010
- Nitish should snap ties with BJP: growing murmurs in JD-U - Jun 13, 2010
- BJP, JD-U widening rift threatens Bihar alliance (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2010
Tags: aim, bjp, chief minister, gujarat, lalu prasad, Lok Sabha, narendra modi, national democratic alliance, nda, plls, prime minister, prime ministerial candidate, secular politics, secularism, ties