Lawyer files defamation case against MayawatiMay 21st, 2009 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 21 (IANS) A lawyer Thursday moved an application before a court in Uttar Pradesh’s Barabanki district seeking action against state Chief Minister Mayawati for her alleged derogatory utterances against P.L. Punia, a former bureaucrat and now a Congress MP from the Barabanki parliamentary seat.
Shiv Kumar Shukla, in his application, has alleged that Mayawati in her party’s national executive meeting April 19, had called Punia as a traitor and accused the Congress party of spending Rs.100 crore to facilitate his election win from Barabanki.
Responding to the application, the chief judicial magistrate (CJM) Jagdish Prasad Rajput listed the matter for June 8.
A former Indian Administrative Service officer, Punia had earlier served as principal secretary to the chief minister in both Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav-led governments.
- Rift between MPs only pre-victory pangs: Congress - Feb 08, 2012
- 'Dalits still being targetted in Uttar Pradesh' - Nov 21, 2010
- Jaiswal to head Congress's Uttar Pradesh poll panel - Oct 11, 2011
- Another union minister booked in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 24, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt summoned for remarks against Mayawati - Jun 25, 2010
- Mayawati's former aide under scanner - Nov 07, 2009
- Mayawati contests charges of maximum harassment of Dalits - Apr 10, 2011
- Ramdev's fast has lost meaning: Congress (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Barabanki gets the chills, slow polling in first hours - Feb 08, 2012
- 'Mayawati insensitive to Dalit woes' - Nov 03, 2010
- Mulayam will bring back 'gunda raj': Mayawati - Feb 19, 2012
- CD case: Police to take voice samples of Mulayam, Amar, Bhushan - Jun 01, 2012
- Arrest of ex-minister sought in Odisha gang rape - Mar 05, 2012
- Congress to release UP manifesto at 10 centres - Jan 30, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids senior IAS officer - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: administrative service officer, barabanki, bureaucrat, chief minister, congress party, crore, defamation case, executive meeting, indian administrative service, judicial magistrate, lucknow, mulayam singh yadav, national executive, parliamentary seat, prasad, principal secretary, shukla, state chief, uttar pradesh, utterances