Last day of session: parliament disrupted againSeptember 7th, 2012 - 1:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 7 (IANS) Both houses of parliament were adjourned till noon soon after meeting on the last day of the monsoon session Friday. The opposition, led by the BJP, once again raised the issue of coal block allocations and the official auditor’s report on presumptive loss of Rs.1.86 lakh crore ($37 billion).
The Bharatiya Janata Party members trooped towards the podiums of the presiding officer raising slogans on coal block allocations and demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the house minutes after it met. In the Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari adjourned the house after he read out a farewell message for Secretary-General V.K. Agnihotri, whose term comes to an end later this month.
- After 13 days of disruption, monsoon session ends (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Coal fuels parliament disruptions for sixth day (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP stalls parliament again - Aug 28, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal scam - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP disrupts parliament again (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Parliament disrupted again over coal block allocation - Aug 22, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned sine die - Sep 07, 2012
- BJP corners PM over coal scam, parliament disrupted (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand, parliament adjourned again (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP renews demand for PM's resignation, disrupts parliament (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,