Land acquisition only after consensus: BuddhadebMarch 23rd, 2011 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 23 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Wednesday said industrialisation was the only path along which the state could develop and careful measures have to be taken while acquiring land for industries.
“We will acquire land only after reaching a consensus with all the interested parties,” Bhattacharjee told reporters at a press meeting here.
“We have made up a land use map. We will not acquire fertile land. If the government has to acquire land we will go forward after reaching a total consensus in that area,” the chief minister stressed.
Bhattacharjee’s pro-industrialisation plank, which brought him rich dividends during the 2006 assembly election, faced a severe drubbing after the Nandigram and Singur anti-land acquisition protests led by the Trinamool Congress.
“We went to Singur for development, but something went wrong. We have learnt from Singur. But I would like to add that even after Singur in 2010 also we attracted investments of Rs.15,000 crore. During 2008-2010 we were able to acquire 8,100 acres of land without any problem,” the chief minister said.
- Land acquisition only after consensus: Buddhadeb (Lead) - Mar 23, 2011
- No more forced land acquisition, says Buddhadeb - Mar 27, 2011
- Fourth round of Bengal polls: Spotlight on Singur, Nandigram - May 02, 2011
- Trinamool misled rural Bengal: Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee - Apr 30, 2011
- Government now careful while acquiring land: Buddhadeb - Jan 04, 2011
- Land acquisition: Political parties reap rich dividends - May 18, 2011
- After protests, Mamata for shifting wagon factory to Singur - Jan 13, 2011
- Trinamool Congress spreading violence, accuses Buddhadeb - Jan 04, 2011
- Not the best of times for Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Buddhadeb, Biman, Mamata at same function - at long last - May 20, 2011
- West Bengal minister visits Singur site - May 31, 2011
- 26 Bengal ministers lose in elections - May 14, 2011
- Buddhadeb favours consensus on land acquisition policy - Mar 20, 2010
- Timeline of Left Front government in West Bengal - May 13, 2011
- CPI-M pulls up former minister for criticising Buddhadeb - May 18, 2011
Tags: assembly election, bhattacharjee, careful measures, chief minister, consensus, crore, drubbing, fertile land, interested parties, investments, kolkata, land acquisition, map, nandigram, protests, rich dividends, trinamool congress, west bengal