Lalu’s place is in jail: JD-U leaderApril 26th, 2009 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 26 (IANS) A senior leader of Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Sunday said that Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad would be in jail for his involvement in the multi-million rupee fodder scam if the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) came to power at the centre.
“”Lalu ka satta sukh ab khatam ho gaya hai, Lalu ko ab jail sukh bhogna hoga (The days of Lalu enjoying power are over, Lalu should now be ready to face the hard reality of jail),” Rajeev Ranjan alias Lalan Singh said at a election rally in Munger from where he is contesting the poll.
Known as a severe critic of Lalu Prasad, Singh said a fresh probe would be ordered into the RJD’s chief involvement in the fodder scam if the NDA comes to power. He alleged that the RJD chief had managed to suppress the cases against him in the fodder scam with the help of the Congress.
Singh, a close confidant of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said Lalu Prasad would now be ousted from the centre in the same way he was ousted from Bihar in 2005.
- Lalu will be behind bars if NDA comes to power - Apr 26, 2009
- Fodder scam: Petition filed to make Nitish Kumar an accused - Sep 07, 2012
- Three RJD leaders quit, likely to join JD-U - Jul 16, 2012
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Nine sentenced in fodder scam case - Nov 30, 2010
- Lalu to march to Bihar's villages 'to expose' Nitish - May 14, 2012
- Farm tenants' rights, caste issues on test in Bihar poll (Curtain Raiser, 4th round) - Oct 31, 2010
- NDA won't win in Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 20, 2010
- Charges framed against Lalu, Mishra in fodder scam (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- RJD to project Lalu Prasad as CM candidate - Aug 16, 2010
- Lalu and Mishra appear in CBI court on fodder scam case - Feb 14, 2012
- Rebel JD-U MP warns against Nitish's return to power - Oct 20, 2010
- Lalu, Mishra deny charges in fodder scam case (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- 52 convicted, eight sent to jail in fodder scam case - Nov 29, 2010
- Eleven more sentenced in fodder scam case - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: alias, chief minister, confidant, congress, election rally, fodder scam, gaya, ka, khatam, ko, lalu prasad, munger, national democratic alliance, nda, nitish kumar, patna, poll, rupee, satta, sukh