Lalu slams Nitish for sharing dais with ‘murderer’ Modi (Lead)May 11th, 2009 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 11 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had “sacrificed his secular image” by sharing a dais with a “murderer” like Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Lalu Prasad said Monday.
A day after the National Democratic Alliance’s (NDA) show of strength at an election rally in Ludhiana, where Janata Dal-United’s (JD-U) Nitish Kumar and BJP’s Narendra Modi held hands in a sign of camaraderie, Lalu Prasad hit out at his Bihar rival.
“If you remember, Nitish had said earlier that he will not share a dais with these people,” Lalu Prasad told a private television channel here. “Nitish sacrificed his secular image by joining a murderer like Modi.”
“Now that voting in Bihar has ended, he has gone back to his original position. (Congress general secretary) Rahul Gandhi, who had given him the secular certificate, and others who favourably spoke of him will realise how secular he is,” Lalu Prasad said.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said in response that Lalu Prasad had betrayed his “desperation”.
“It is a sign of desperation. Nitish Kumar has been part of the NDA right from day one. Modi is a duly-elected twice chief minister of Gujarat who is doing good work. Lalu Prasad is getting a washout hence this desperation,” he said.
He added that the railway minister found himself in the mess for the first time in 20 years.
- Leave BJP, Lalu tells Nitish - Aug 16, 2012
- Lalu hits out Nitish-Modi alliance, predicts win for UPA (Second Lead) - May 11, 2009
- Lalu attacks Nitish over Modi handshake (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Nitish close to Modi, says Lalu - May 06, 2012
- Bihar leaders in war of words over PM candidate - Jun 19, 2012
- Nobody has right to give fatwa on secularism: BJP - Jun 20, 2012
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- BJP, Lalu trade verbal volleys over Nitish's loyalty - May 11, 2009
- RSS backs Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate - Jun 20, 2012
- Nitish sacrificed his secular image by joining Modi: Lalu Prasad - May 11, 2009
- Political war gets personal in poll-bound Bihar - Oct 10, 2010
- Bihar minister dares Nitish to sack him - Jun 20, 2012
- RJD hits out at Nitish for Modi handshake - May 05, 2012
- Sharad Yadav dodges queries on Modi as PM row - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: bjp, camaraderie, chief minister, dais, election rally, gujarat, janata, lalu prasad, ludhiana, narendra modi, national democratic alliance, nitish kumar, private television, rahul gandhi, railway minister, ravi shankar, rjd, show of strength, television channel, washout