Lalu Prasad launches RJD campaignOctober 6th, 2010 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Oct 6 (IANS) Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Wednesday formally launched his party’s campaign for the Bihar assembly elections.
The target of the former railway minister was Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and the latter’s ally, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
RJD leader Shakil Ahmad Khan told IANS here that Lalu Prasad addressed five public meetings in Katihar district.
The RJD is in alliance with Ram Vilas Paswan’s Lok Janshakti Party.
Bihar will elect a new assembly in staggered elections starting Oct 21. The results will be declared Nov 24.
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Political war gets personal in poll-bound Bihar - Oct 10, 2010
- Lalu to meet election panel over irregularities in EVMs - Dec 22, 2010
- NDA won't win in Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 20, 2010
- 54 percent peaceful polling in Bihar first phase (Roundup) - Oct 21, 2010
- 52 percent polling in Bihar's peaceful first phase (Fourth Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Development overrides caste in Bihar battle - Oct 17, 2010
- Nitish, Lalu and Paswan welcome poll announcement - Sep 06, 2010
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Nitish, Lalu, Paswan resume campaign after Chhath - Nov 14, 2010