Lalu Prasad files poll papers in BiharMarch 28th, 2009 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 28 (IANS) Railways Minister and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Saturday filed his nomination papers from Saran constituency in Bihar.
Soon after he filed the nomination papers, Lalu Prasad said he was confident of his victory. “I will again win this seat,” he said.
He was accompanied by Steel Minister and Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas Paswan and dozens of RJD leaders.
In the last elections, Lalu Prasad had defeated former union minister and Bharatiya Janata Party leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy, who is again contesting from this constituency.
- Election campaign for fourth phase of polls ends in Bihar - Oct 30, 2010
- Ansari files nomination for vice presidential contest - Jul 18, 2012
- RJD to project Lalu Prasad as CM candidate - Aug 16, 2010
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Lalu Prasad launches RJD campaign - Oct 06, 2010
- Lalu to meet election panel over irregularities in EVMs - Dec 22, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Lalu Prasad files nomination papers from Patliputra - Apr 17, 2009
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Ram Vilas Paswan files poll papers in Bihar - Apr 02, 2009
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- Nitish hits poll trail on Diwali, rivals in festive spirit - Nov 05, 2010
- Nitish accuses Lalu of encouraging cross voting - Jun 18, 2010
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu Prasad slams Nitish Kumar of adopting divisive policy - Apr 25, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, constituency, dozens, elections, lok, nomination papers, party chief, party leader, patna, poll, railways, rajiv pratap, ram vilas paswan, rjd, rudy, saran, union minister, victory, vilas