Lakshmi Sehgal’s health deterioratesJuly 21st, 2012 - 11:37 am ICT by IANS
Kanpur, July 21 (IANS) The health of Lakshmi Sehgal, a close associate of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, deteriorated Saturday, doctors here said.
“We have put her on ventilator support to boost her blood pressure,” said Santosh Kumar, a doctor attending to the 97-year-old who was the first captain of the women’s wing of Azad Hind Fauj or Indian National Army.
Cardiologists at the Kanpur Medical Centre, where Sehgal was admitted after suffering a heart attack Thursday, said that her blood pressure dropped alarmingly low late Friday.
Doctors admitted that things were not looking good for Sehgal who was the Left candidate in the 2002 presidential election. She lost to A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
“She is unconscious. We are monitoring her parameters and waiting for her to respond to the medication,” a doctor told IANS.
Lakshmi Sehgal’s daughter and senior CPI(M) leader Subhashini Ali was by her bedside. Film director Shaad Ali, her grandson, was also in Kanpur.
- Lakshmi Sehgal critical after brain stroke - Jul 20, 2012
- Veteran freedom fighter Lakshmi Sehgal dead (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Vice President, PM condole Lakshmi Sehgal's death - Jul 23, 2012
- Tripura CM condoles Lakshmi Sehgal's death - Jul 23, 2012
- Netaji's family condoles Sehgal's demise - Jul 23, 2012
- Lakshmi Sehgal was courageous, compassionate: CPI-M - Jul 23, 2012
- Baby Falak taken off ventilator, still unconscious - Feb 03, 2012
- Baby Falak taken off ventilator, improvement in health (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering - Jan 26, 2012
- Baby Falak stable for now, but still critical: Doctors - Feb 04, 2012
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Baby Falak back on ventilator support - Feb 05, 2012
- Sai Baba's health stable - Apr 14, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition still critical: Doctors - Apr 20, 2011
- Woman injured at Ramlila ground very critical - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, ali, blood pressure, cardiologists, CPI, doctors, film director, Health Science, heart attack, indian national army, kanpur, lakshmi sehgal, medical centre, medication, netaji, parameters, presidential election, subhash chandra, ventilator support