Lakshmi Sehgal critical after brain strokeJuly 20th, 2012 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kanpur, July 20 (IANS) Lakshmi Sehgal, an associate of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, remained in critical condition here Friday after suffering a heart attack and brain stroke, doctors said.
Doctors at the Kanpur Medical Centre said the 97-year-old’s heart showed signs of slowing down and her condition was “very critical”.
The first captain of the women’s wing of Azad Hind Fauj or Indian National Army, Sehgal suffered the heart attack and brain stroke Thursday.
Doctors told IANS that her heart was not pumping enough blood.
Senior cardiologist Santosh Kumar said her vital parameters were being monitored and she was under a high dose of medication.
Her daughter and CPI-M leader Subhashini Ali and close aide Shobha Viz were by her bedside.
She was visited by CPI-M leaders Brinda and Prakash Karat late Thursday.
Sehghal, herself a doctor, was working at her clinic in Civil Lines area here a day before she suffered the heart attack.
Sehgal was the Left candidate in the 2002 presidential election. She lost to A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Lakshmi Sehgal's health deteriorates - Jul 21, 2012
- Veteran freedom fighter Lakshmi Sehgal dead (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Vice President, PM condole Lakshmi Sehgal's death - Jul 23, 2012
- Lakshmi Sehgal was courageous, compassionate: CPI-M - Jul 23, 2012
- Tripura CM condoles Lakshmi Sehgal's death - Jul 23, 2012
- Netaji's family condoles Sehgal's demise - Jul 23, 2012
- Battered baby critical, woman claims to be relative (Third Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Battered baby remains critical, police hunt for parents (Roundup) - Jan 27, 2012
- Stop slander or face 'stern decision': Mamata to CPI-M (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Pranab visits Mamata's mother in hospital - Dec 03, 2011
- Achuthanandan faces flak for remarks on ex-CPI-M woman leader - Mar 11, 2012
- Left on wane in erstwhile bastion Kanpur - Feb 22, 2012
- Jyoti Basu's condition 'very, very' critical (Intro Roundup) - Jan 16, 2010
- Pakistan hit by haemorrhagic strokes - Oct 31, 2011
- Netaji subject of political appropriation: New biography (With Images) - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, ali, brain stroke, cardiologist, CPI, critical condition, doctors, heart attack, indian national army, lakshmi sehgal, medical centre, medication, netaji subhas chandra bose, prakash, presidential election, signs, subhas chandra bose, vital parameters