Labor Day Unions ElectionSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 7:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Ohio, Sept 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) President Obama is going to spend part of his labor day campaigning in the United Auto Workers Rally in the city of Toledo where organized labor is very recognized.
Unions have been protesting for a long time and they are looking to show their relevance in the elections of the US. Every election year, the unions always go from door to door trying to mobilize voters to vote for whom they want to take office. Vice president Joe Bidden has spent the last two labor days in Ohio labor gatherings. The union members have a lot of issues that they say they will not accept and that they say will play a very big part in the elections.
Democrats are hoping that the defeat of a republican backed union last year will be a good thing to help Obama win the coming elections. It will be a bit hard to get union members in Ohio to vote. There are a lot of them in Ohio and that is why presidential hopefuls are doing all that they can to set up terms that the union members will agree to and vote for them in the upcoming elections. Union members are starting to have a power over how the elections will turn out.
- Election day 2011 kick starts - Nov 08, 2011
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- 'Joe the plumber' elected as an official in Ohio - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe The Plumber' Elected To The Republican Party Committee Of The Lucas County In Ohio - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe The Plumber' Elected To Party Office In Ohio - May 06, 2010
- Obama supports same-sex marriage (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Romney pulls ahead, but Ohio still hangs in balance (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Latino voters sticking with Obama, Democrats: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Obama heading for political trench warfare between 2010 and 2012 - Nov 14, 2010
- Even Republicans feel Trump has very little chances of reaching White House - Apr 27, 2011
- Bill Clinton fires up the Democrats for Obama - Sep 06, 2012
- Republicans face the reality check: Obama hard to beat - Mar 01, 2011
- Super Tuesday seems to have lost its sheen - Mar 06, 2012
- How good are Obama's chances to win a second term? - Apr 05, 2011
- Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski defends running as an independent in the re-elections - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: campaigning, city of toledo, democrats, election ohio, election year, gatherings, joe bidden, labor day, long time, obama, organized labor, president joe, presidential hopefuls, rally, relevance, union members, unions, united auto workers, upcoming elections, vice president