K.S. Sudarshan traced near his residence (Lead)August 3rd, 2012 - 2:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mysore, Aug 3 (IANS) Former Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief K.S. Sudarshan, who was missing for about five hours after he went for a morning walk in this Karnataka city Friday, was traced at a place near his residence, police said.
After a frantic search by the police and many RSS activists, Sudarshan was traced at a nearby place, around two km from his residence, said an RSS official.
The over 80-year-old Sudarshan, who is visiting his brother in Mysore, about 130 km from Bangalore, went for a walk around 6 a.m. A police complaint was lodged after he did not return five hours later, a Mysore city police spokesperson told reporters.
“He has been found and is safe,” the spokesperson said.
Sudarshan led the RSS till 2009 after which he voluntarily stepped down due to health problems. An RSS official said that he suffers from dementia which is increasing with passing age.
- K.S. Sudarshan traced after missing for five hours - Aug 03, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh Congress protests Sudarshan's remarks - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress criticises former RSS chief over anti-Sonia remarks (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- Seven injured in clash of Congress, RSS workers in Ranchi - Nov 16, 2010
- Over 250 Congress leaders held in Chhattisgarh - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress in Jammu protests Sudarshan's remarks - Nov 12, 2010
- RSS expresses regret over Sudarshan's remarks; Congressmen hold protests (Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Parliament adjourned for second day over scams (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Congress workers in Orissa burn Sudarshan effigy - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress workers have right to protest Sudarshan's remark - Nov 11, 2010
- RSS leader booked for rape attempt - Mar 14, 2011
- Rahul, Rakhi, Sudarshan - all dragged to Madhya Pradesh courts - Nov 18, 2010
- Gadkari used Sudarshan as proxy to attack Sonia: Congress MP - Nov 12, 2010
- RSS wing cadres pelt stones at Congress office - Nov 15, 2010
- Karnataka BJP's land scandals embroil RSS affiliates - Nov 02, 2011