Krishna to write to PM on Team Anna chargesMay 31st, 2012 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) Rebutting charges hurled at him by Team Anna, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said Thursday he will write to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to reject all the “motivated allegations” against him.
Krishna, however, remained non-commital on filing a defamation suit against Team Anna, saying he reserved the right to react in an appropriate manner if anybody made personal allegations against him.
“I will reply in detail to all these motivated allegations in a letter to the prime minister,” Krishna told reporters here.
He was reacting to Team Anna’s charges that Krishna, during his tenure as Karnataka chief minister, dereserved five forest blocks, comprising at least 10,000 hectares, for mining by private companies against the suggestions of the state forest secretary and forest minister.
“It is highly improper for the members of Team Anna to accuse me of something that is untrue. The matter is before the Supreme Court and the truth will come out soon,” he said.
Krishna also asserted that he was not afraid of any probe and underlined that N. Santosh Hedge, the then Lokayukta of Karantaka, conducted a detailed investigation and exonerated him of all the allegations. Subsequently, the high court quashed the allegations, he said.
“I have no reservation for any kind of inquiry against me,” he said. He, however, added that it was highly improper of anyone to ask for another investigation.
- Krishna slams Team Anna for 'motivated charges', will write to PM (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Krishna declines comment on court ruling against him - Jan 20, 2012
- Krishna moves high court to quash illegal mining case - Dec 09, 2011
- Team Anna accuses Krishna of mining graft in Karnataka - May 29, 2012
- Apex court to hear Krishna's plea Friday - Jan 26, 2012
- Krishna moves apex court against Lokayukta proceedings - Jan 24, 2012
- Krishna terms mining scam charges 'unholy' bid to malign him - Dec 08, 2011
- Illegal mining: Court allows probe of Krishna, Kumaraswamy's role (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Supreme Court relief for Krishna (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Krishna must resign, demands BJP - Jan 20, 2012
- Supreme Court relief for Krishna - Jan 27, 2012
- Yeddyurappa unwilling to step down as opposition steps up pressure (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2011
- Lokayukta denies naming Krishna in mining report - Jul 23, 2011
- Pranab slams Team Anna, says allegations 'unfair' - Jun 18, 2012
- BJP, Congress sparring continues over Lokayuka report (Evening lead) - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: chief minister, commital, defamation suit, external affairs minister, forest minister, hectares, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, personal allegations, prime minister krishna, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, private companies, state forest, supreme court, tenure, truth