Kiran Bedi asks for proof of privilege breachSeptember 6th, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Team Anna activist Kiran Bedi Tuesday asked the Rajya Sabha to provide “exact particulars” where she allegedly used derogatory language against parliamentarians.
In her letter, addressed to Mukul Pande, director of the Rajya Sabha secretariat, the former top cop said she would be “able to clarify” her position once she receives the “specific comments” that she had used against the MPs.
Her Team Anna colleague Arvind Kejriwal also sent a similar letter to the Rajya Sabha Monday. He too asked for proof before he could respond to the privilege motion notice.
Another key member of Team Anna, Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan also has been served privilege notice for allegedly using derogatory language against parliamentarians.
Bedi had a few days back said she was ready for punishment but would not say “sorry”.
- First give me proof, Kejriwal says of privilege motion - Sep 05, 2011
- It was for the cause: Bedi on inflated reimbursements - Oct 20, 2011
- Team Anna faces MPs' ire, notices to Kejriwal, Bhushan - Sep 03, 2011
- Gloves are off as Team Anna attacks government on IT notice - Sep 02, 2011
- Kiran Bedi skips IAC protest rally - Aug 26, 2012
- Kejriwal renews attack on 'criminal' MPs - Mar 30, 2012
- Hazare-government tensions can cause political turbulence again - Sep 04, 2011
- Parliament considering privilege motions against Bedi, Om Puri - Aug 29, 2011
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Kejriwal gets breach of privilege notice - Sep 03, 2011
- Judges' panel to examine charges against us: Kejriwal - Nov 05, 2011
- Notice to police on carpenter's plea against Anna - Sep 05, 2011
- IAC meets Saturday as demand for new core group crops up - Oct 28, 2011
- Anna movement cannot open bank account: Kejriwal - Oct 28, 2011
- I will not say sorry to parliament: Bedi - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: activist, arvind kejriwal, bhushan, breach, colleague, cop, derogatory language, few days, New Delhi, parliamentarians, particulars, privilege, proof, rajya sabha secretariat, secretariat, supreme court lawyer