Kerala’s Left leader Vijayan gets helping hand from Amar SinghFebruary 6th, 2009 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 6 (IANS) Kerala’s beleaguered Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Pinarayi Vijayan has got a helping hand from Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh.A day after CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat turned down Singh’s request for a meeting, the Samajwadi Party leader said he had sought an appointment with Karat to share evidence that Vijayan was “trapped” by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the multi-million rupee SNC-Lavalin scam.
Vijayan has been charge sheeted by the CBI in a 12-year-old graft case concerning a contract he had signed with the Canadian company as the state power minister in 1997.
Claiming that he has evidence that Vijayan was trapped by the CBI, Singh said his intention was to hand over the evidence to Karat.
The CPI-M’s stated position in the case is that charges against Vijayan are “politically motivated” and the vigilance enquiry ordered by the then Congress-led government in Kerala had “exonerated Comrade Vijayan of any wrongdoing.”
- CPI-M politburo member Pinarayi Vijayan asked to appear in court - Dec 19, 2011
- Pinarayi Vijayan summoned in Lavalin graft case - Apr 10, 2012
- CPI-M full politburo to discuss Vijayan issue next week - Jan 23, 2009
- Make Kerala home minister accused in Lavalin case: Petition - May 05, 2011
- Kerala scam accused Canadian company under scanner at home - Mar 12, 2010
- SNC Lavalin scam: Court refuses to include Antony as witness - Jan 04, 2010
- Canadian firm denies bribing Kerala politician (Lead) - Jun 12, 2009
- CBI charges against Kerala leader politically motivated: CPI-M - Jan 22, 2009
- I don't know about Balanandan's letter on Lavalin scam: wife - Feb 08, 2009
- Nod for Vijayan's prosecution politically motivated: Brinda Karat - Jun 08, 2009
- Pinarayi Vijayan re-elected to top Kerala CPI-M post - Feb 10, 2012
- No clean chit to anyone in Lavalin case: Kerala ex-vigilance chief - Feb 05, 2009
- CBI asks Pinarayi Vijayan to appear in court Sept 24 - Aug 21, 2009
- Reprieve for Vijayan in SNC Lavalin case - Apr 17, 2010
- Antony not to be witness in Lavalin graft case: court - Jan 04, 2010
Tags: amar singh, cbi, central bureau of investigation, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, comrade, CPI, general secretary, graft case, helping hand, kerala, New Delhi, party leader, pinarayi vijayan, power minister, prakash karat, rupee, share evidence, vigilance, wrongdoing