Kerala to pay pensions through banksMay 29th, 2012 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 29 (IANS) Kerala Tuesday said all pensions payable in the social sector would be given only through banks from the next financial year and the state government will also ensure that fair wages are paid in the unorganised sector.
The various social sector pensions include old age, agriculture, widow and workers who worked under various boards.
“The process of preparing a smart card to all the pensioners incorporating the unique identification number is going on,” state Labour Minister Shibu Baby John said.
“Now without these foolproof methods, there are complaints that there are discrepancies in the list and once the computerisation process is over, all loopholes will be plugged. Everyone in the list would get their pension credited to their bank account,” the engineer-turned-politician told reporters here.
He also added that fair wages will be ensured to people working in the unorganised sectors like Information Technology (IT), private financial institutions, educational institutions and other similar sectors.
In these sectors also, the salaries will be paid only through bank accounts and it would enable labour department officials to see if fair wages are being paid to the employees in these sectors, added John.
- Why no social security for unorganised workers, NAC asks government - Apr 30, 2012
- Unorganised labour unions in Bengal want minimum wages revised - Dec 08, 2011
- Strike evokes partial response; banking, transport hit (Afternoon Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Cabinet okays Rs.1,000 crore fund for unorganised workers - Jul 28, 2011
- Kerala pays out Rs.100 crore in pension, dole for Onam - Aug 28, 2012
- Labour strike to cripple key sectors of Indian economy (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Partial response to strike; banking, transport hit (Intro Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Labour strike to paralyse banking, transport services Tuesday - Feb 27, 2012
- Strike evokes partial response; banking, transport hit (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Strike cripples life in Tripura - Feb 28, 2012
- 32 Haryana officials booked for lapses - Jul 03, 2011
- Nationwide trade union strike begins, to hit key sectors - Feb 28, 2012
- A strike call that has galvanised the Mamata government (West Bengal Newsletter) - Feb 26, 2012
- Banking sector bears brunt of strike - Feb 28, 2012
- Haryana officials to face action for delaying pensions - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: baby john, bank accounts, department officials, discrepancies, educational institutions, foolproof methods, labour department, labour minister, loopholes, pensioners, pensions, politician, private financial institutions, sectors, shibu, smart card, social sector, state government, unorganised sector, wages