Kerala plans 140 specialized computer schoolsAugust 1st, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 1 (IANS) Under its IT@School project for computer literacy among schoolchildren, Kerala will develop one model school — with five classrooms equipped with modern tools — in all its 140 assembly constituencies, an official said Sunday.
“As part of the model information and communications technology (ICT) school programme, five classrooms in the selected schools would be upgraded with tools such as multimedia projectors and laptops,” said IT@School Executive Director K. Anvar Sadath.
“After the schools are selected, specific meetings by the concerned authorities would be held at district and school levels to implement the programme from September 2010 onwards,” said Sadath.
Education Minister M.A. Baby has requested all the 140 Kerala legislators to nominate one high school in their constituency by Aug 15 for the programme.
The programme is aimed at equipping teachers and students with skills to make maximum use of ICT tools.
By upgrading an institution as a model ICT school, every teacher in the school would be extensively trained in IT. Subject-wise ICT training would equip them with skill to create their own digital contents and upload these to a general online repository, Sadath said.
The model schools would also have a unique monitoring system based on school management software, which would include a comprehensive database of all teachers and students.
IT@School is an initiative aimed at imparting ICT enabled education to 1.6 million students per year in the state. It enhances the intellectual productivity of teacher and the curricular comprehension of students.
- Intel donates 625 laptops for Kerala e-learning school project - Oct 02, 2011
- 'New class 10 ICT textbook with animation and GIS' - Feb 27, 2012
- Differently-abled students in Kerala to be made computer literate - Nov 01, 2011
- Kerala's IT@School Project to train Parents - Aug 14, 2011
- Five Kerala schools get infotech upgrade - Dec 29, 2010
- 1.50 lakh Kerala students to get animation skills - Nov 24, 2011
- Visually challenged teachers learn computers - Aug 04, 2011
- Free animation skills for Kerala school kids - Apr 29, 2011
- Kerala school project gets global recognition - Dec 02, 2010
- Kerala's ICT textbook to teach audio, video technology - Feb 21, 2011
- Now Skoool web technologies in all Kerala schools - Feb 20, 2010
- 45,000 Kerala students to be trained in IT - Dec 21, 2010
- Kerala education channel to go online Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2010
- Kerala teachers to get opportunity to teach in Brazil - Mar 24, 2012
- Kerala education department on eMission to Brazil - Mar 17, 2012
Tags: anvar, assembly constituencies, communications technology, comprehension, computer literacy, computer schools, constituency, digital contents, education minister, intellectual productivity, legislators, model school, model schools, modern tools, monitoring system, multimedia projectors, school executive, school management software, schoolchildren, specialized computer