Kerala opposition to prepare development plan for stateJune 22nd, 2009 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 22 (IANS) The opposition in Kerala, the Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF), Monday said it will appoint a committee to prepare a development road map for the state. The plan will be presented to a meeting of all 20 MPs of the state, including six central ministers, Aug 7.
Leader of Opposition Oommen Chandy said the nine-member committee will have top leaders of all the UDF constituents.
“They will prepare a road map consisting of projects to be taken up in the long run for development of the state. This would be submitted at the meeting of all 20 MPs from the state, which would include all the six ministers in (Prime Minister) Manmohan Singh cabinet, to be held here on Aug 7,” said Chandy.
The UDF has already submitted a list of projects to be included in the 100-day programme of the United Progressive Alliance government.
“Today the state government is caught up in the factional feuds of the Communist Party of India-Marxist. All developmental activities have come to a standstill as Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan and his ministers are engaged in a free for all,” added Chandy.
The UDF also decided to hold five public meetings across the state next month to highlight the corruption, price rise and the lack of governance in the state.
- Chandy, Achuthanandan wrangle over investors meet - Sep 06, 2012
- Chandy off to Delhi to discuss fifth berth controversy - Apr 15, 2012
- Work on Smart City to begin next month: Chandy - Aug 21, 2011
- Kerala CPI-M legislator resigns - Mar 09, 2012
- One crore Kerala people charge LF with non-governance - Feb 09, 2011
- Tension within the ranks haunt UDF and LDF too (Kerala Newsletter) - Aug 17, 2012
- I am being targeted,says Achuthanandan - Jun 10, 2011
- G. Karthikeyan of Congress elected Kerala speaker (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Congress-led front will win in Kerala, says party report - Apr 21, 2011
- Don't try honest Achuthanandan, Karat warns Kerala government - Jan 20, 2012
- Kerala palm oil scam: Fresh probe ordered in Chandy's role - Aug 08, 2011
- Caste considerations at play as Chandy mulls cabinet expansion (Kerala Newsletter) - Apr 07, 2012
- Oommen Chandy sworn in as Kerala chief minister (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Special UDF meet to clear doubts about investor meet - Sep 04, 2012
- Legislator's resignation triggers war of words - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: alliance government, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, democratic front, feuds, leader of opposition, manmohan, manmohan singh, member committee, mps, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, public meetings, road map, standstill, thiruvananthapuram, udf, v s achuthanandan