Kerala legislators to visit ChinaAugust 8th, 2012 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 8 (IANS) Ten Kerala legislators will soon visit China, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Wednesday.
Minister for Planning K.C. Joseph will lead the delegation, which includes three from the opposition and six from the ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front.
The Institute of Parliamentary Affairs is organising the trip.
“The delegation intends to study the Chinese model of development,” Chandy told reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting here.
The delegation will visit Beijing and some other cities of China. It will also study the working of small and medium scale enterprises there.
- Chandy, six others to be sworn in Kerala Wednesday - May 17, 2011
- Karthikeyan to contest for Speaker's post - May 30, 2011
- Chandy expands cabinet, inducts 13 more ministers - May 23, 2011
- Kerala UDF to meet Wednesday - Jun 21, 2011
- LDF ally Kerala Congress-J headed for a split - Apr 28, 2010
- Chennithala supports Chandy for Kerala chief minister - May 15, 2011
- Cabinet berths for Congress' Kerala allies - May 16, 2011
- Chandy inducts two new ministers, shuffles portfolios (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Kerala to adopt Narayana Guru's philosophy in education - Jan 31, 2012
- 'Take up issue of stranded Keralites in Saudi Arabia' - Oct 19, 2011
- Kerala may get a tribal woman minister - May 19, 2011
- High voter turnout in Piravom by-poll in Kerala - Mar 17, 2012
- Chandy adds two ministers - Apr 12, 2012
- G. Karthikeyan of Congress elected Kerala speaker (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Oommen Chandy set to be Kerala chief minister - May 15, 2011
Tags: beijing, cabinet meeting, chief minister, chinese model, cities of china, congress, delegation, democratic front, legislators, medium scale enterprises, oommen chandy, opposition, parliamentary affairs, thiruvananthapuram