Kerala legislator gets bail in murder caseAugust 21st, 2012 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Aug 21 (IANS) Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) legislator T.V. Rajesh was Tuesday granted bail by the Kerala High Court in the murder of Indian Union Muslim League worker Abdul Shukoor in February.
Rajesh was lodged in jail after his anticipatory bail plea was dismissed and he surrendered before a court in his home town Kannur Aug 13.
The next day, he moved a bail application in a court in Kannur which was also rejected. He then moved the high court here for bail.
Rajesh’s counsel told the high court that the legislator be granted bail to serve his electorate. The prosecution did not oppose the bail application.
More than two dozen workers belonging to the CPI-M and its affiliates have been arrested in the murder of Shukoor, 21, near Kannur.
Shukoor was allegedly murdered in retaliation to an attack by suspected Muslim League workers on CPI-M leader and Kannur district secretary P. Jayarajan, who is in judicial custody till Aug 27, and Rajesh.
The Muslim League is the second biggest constituent of the ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front.
- CPI-M legislator remanded in custody in murder case (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Bail denied to Kerala CPI-M leaders in murder case - Aug 13, 2012
- CPI(M) MLA Rajesh denied bail, Jayarajan's remand extended - Aug 14, 2012
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- CPI-M legislator, 32 others charged in IUML worker murder - Aug 23, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader denied bail in murder case - Aug 04, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader arrested in murder case - Aug 01, 2012
- Decision on arrested Kerala CPI-M leader's bail Saturday - Aug 03, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Shutdown in Kerala over CPI-M leader's arrest - Aug 02, 2012
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- The killing fields of Kerala - Jun 01, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail in murder case (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Congress MP ready to be quizzed by police, CPI-M leaders not keen - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: bail plea, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress, constituent, CPI, democratic front, district secretary, electorate, judicial custody, kannur district, kerala high court, legislator, murder case, muslim league, prosecution, rajesh, retaliation