Kerala home minister denies son’s role in Muthoot murderAugust 28th, 2009 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 28 (IANS) Kerala Home Minister and Communist Party of India-Marxist politburo member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan Friday denied allegations that his son was involved in the murder of Muthoot business group scion Paul M. George.
“My son Bineesh is in no way connected to this case. My son is not involved in any real estate business. This is the handiwork of a group of people who spread canards. The purpose of this group is to purposefully create confusion and mislead those involved in the investigation,” Balakrishnan maintained.
George was travelling with two men, Om Prakash and P. Rajesh, both of whom who had criminal records, Friday night when he was murdered near Alappuzha. The duo are absconding while 14 other people have been arrested, including K. Satish, who police claim stabbed George.
Leaders of the youth wings of the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party have alleged that Bineesh has links with the two absconding men and they are being shielded by Balakrishnan.
Balakrishnan said the case has been handed over to Inspector General of Police Vinson M.Paul, and a team under Additional Director General of Police Siby Mathew will oversee a drive against criminal gangs in the state.
- Muthoot scion's murder: accused's mother seeks CBI probe - Sep 07, 2009
- Nothing to hide in Muthoot scion murder, says Kerala minister - Sep 13, 2009
- Muthoot murder: Congress wants Kerala home minister out - Aug 29, 2009
- CBI seeks more time for Muthoot scion murder probe - Oct 29, 2010
- Two men linked to Muthoot scion's murder surrender (Lead) - Sep 08, 2009
- Congress see Vijayan's hidden agenda in Muthoot murder probe - Sep 12, 2009
- CBI files charge sheet in Kerala's Muthoot murder case - Dec 31, 2010
- A section of media misleading Muthoot murder case: Vijayan - Sep 11, 2009
- Congress demands CBI probe into Muthoot murder case - Sep 14, 2009
- Muthoot's family alleges conspiracy behind murder - Aug 29, 2009
- Take away home portfolio from CPI-M in Kerala: opposition - Sep 09, 2009
- Judicial custody for men who travelled with murdered Muthoot scion - Sep 10, 2009
- Muthoot murder: Judicial custody for two co-travellers (Lead) - Sep 10, 2009
- Kerala home minister should quit over Muthoot murder probe: Congress - Jan 22, 2010
- Unanswered questions over Muthoot scion's murder - Aug 25, 2009
Tags: allegations, balakrishnan, bharatiya janata party, business group, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, confusion, criminal gangs, criminal records, estate business, friday night, handiwork, home minister, inspector general, politburo member, prakash, satish, scion, two men, wings