Kerala Hindu group’s political forum plan opposedAugust 10th, 2008 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 10 (IANS) A Hindu organisation’s plan to form a political forum here has been opposed Sunday by another Hindu group, saying they have “no intention to join or form a political party”. Velapally Natesan of the Sree Narayana Dharma Paripalana (SNDP) Sanghom, a movement of the Hindu Ezhava community, at its meeting Saturday announced that it would form a political forum and asked like-minded political parties and religious parties to come together.
P.K. Narayana Panicker, general secretary of the Nair Service Society (NSS), the social group of the Hindu Nair’s, however, said that they have no intention to join or form a political party.
Visibly upset at these remarks, Natesan said that it is high time that the NSS leadership should be taken to a mental hospital for treatment.
“We never asked for help or support from anyone and this reaction by the NSS is like going to a marriage without being invited,” he said.
Hitting back at Natesan, Panicker Sunday told reporters here that the people of Kerala very well know who has to be taken to a mental hospital.
Hindus in Kerala constitute almost half of the 30.20 million population, of which the Ezhava community members are more than the Nair community.
The Socialist Revolutionary Party that owed its allegiance to the Ezhavas and the National Democratic Party of the NSS had a natural death after difference of opinion cropped up among the top leaders of these parties during the mid-80s and they virtually wound up their political activities.
- Nair, Ezhava communities unite in Kerala - Sep 04, 2012
- Woes for Chandy as IUML given fifth ministership - Apr 13, 2012
- Communal politics goes viral in Kerala (Comment) - Apr 10, 2012
- NSS supremo P.K.Narayana Panicker dead - Feb 29, 2012
- Sukumar Azhikode: A man of the masses (Obituary) - Jan 24, 2012
- Controversy over dress circular to Kerala teachers - Jul 03, 2012
- Protests in Kerala over denial of seat to Achuthanandan - Mar 17, 2011
- BJP the dark horse in Kerala by-election - Jun 01, 2012
- BJP candidate in Kerala charged for violating election code of conduct - Mar 07, 2011
- Kerala to adopt Narayana Guru's philosophy in education - Jan 31, 2012
- Karunakaran turns 91, still dabbles in politics - Jun 20, 2009
- CPI-M attacks NSS for anti-Achuthanandan remarks - May 04, 2011
- Chandy to expand cabinet, IUML gets fifth berth - Apr 12, 2012
- Will place for 'Kerala Nair' in cabinet appease NSS? - Jan 19, 2011
- Global Nair organisation to be launched in Delhi Sunday - Oct 16, 2010
Tags: difference of opinion, forum plan, general secretary, high time, hindu group, hindus, kerala, mental hospital, mid 80s, nair service society, natesan, national democratic party, natural death, panicker, political forum, religious parties, sndp, social group, socialist revolutionary party, sree narayana