Kerala CPI-M sacks three local party workersAugust 17th, 2012 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, Aug 17 (IANS) An angry CPI-M Friday booted out three local party workers in Kozhikode district because they had taken part in mobilising funds for the family of their former colleague who was brutally murdered on May 4.
T.P. Chandrasekheran, 51, a local former CPI-M leader here who quit the party and formed the Revolutionary Socialist Party in 2008, was allegedly killed by seven men hired by the CPI-M.
The CPI-M said it had nothing to do with the murder. However, of the 76 persons arrested, a dozen middle and lower-level CPI-M leaders - including the husband of CPI-M legislator K.K. Lathika - are in the list of those accused.
When the CPI-M came to know of funds being mobilised, the party warned their cadres not to do so. Chandrasekheran’s friends had gathered Rs.1.9 million.
With this money they paid off Chandrasekheran’s housing loan and gave the remaining money to his wife, K.K. Rema.
The party has decided to take disciplinary action against 15 others, who are believed to have played a role in collecting the money, an act that did not have the sanction of senior CPI-M leaders.
- Slain Kerala leader's wife seeks CBI probe - Sep 04, 2012
- Achuthanandan too wants CBI to probe former colleague's murder - Sep 06, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- CPI(M) leaders accused in murder of former party leader - Aug 13, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for ex-colleague's murder (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- CPI-M leader held for Kerala murder - May 16, 2012
- Chargesheet soon in ex-Marxist leader's murder - Jul 14, 2012
- Achuthanandan visits home of murdered Marxist - Jun 02, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail in murder case (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Action sought against another CPI-M leader - Jun 26, 2012
- CPI-M seeks probe into 'false' news on ex-leader's killing - Jul 11, 2012
- Chandy rebuts Left claims of police torture in murder case - Jun 08, 2012
- Lookout notices for eight suspects in ex-CPI-M leader's murder - May 11, 2012
- Achuthanandan all set to defy party, go to Kudankulam - Sep 10, 2012