Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail in murder case (Lead)July 2nd, 2012 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, July 2 (IANS) C.H. Ashokan, a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader, was Monday granted bail by the Kerala High Court in the murder of former party colleague T.P. Chandrasekheran in Kozhikode district in May.
Former CPI-M leader T.P. Chandrasekheran was murdered May 4 by a group of hired killers, some of whom have been linked to the CPI-M. The party denies its involvement in the killing.
Ashokan was one of the over 50 people arrested.
He was given a conditional bail by the court and asked to submit a bond of Rs.2 lakh, along with two sureties.
Ashokan was also asked to report to the investigating team every Monday and Friday and was barred from visiting Kozhikode and Kannur district and leaving the state.
Bail applications of two other accused were rejected by the court.
- CPI(M) leaders accused in murder of former party leader - Aug 13, 2012
- Action sought against another CPI-M leader - Jun 26, 2012
- Slain Kerala leader's wife seeks CBI probe - Sep 04, 2012
- Achuthanandan too wants CBI to probe former colleague's murder - Sep 06, 2012
- Chargesheet soon in ex-Marxist leader's murder - Jul 14, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- CPI-M seeks probe into 'false' news on ex-leader's killing - Jul 11, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M sacks three local party workers - Aug 17, 2012
- Chandy rebuts Left claims of police torture in murder case - Jun 08, 2012
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- CPI-M legislator remanded in custody in murder case (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Notice against Kerala minister for alleged phone tapping - Jul 31, 2012
- Bail denied to Kerala CPI-M leaders in murder case - Aug 13, 2012
- Will ask poll panel to cancel CPI-M's registration: UDF - May 28, 2012
- Achuthanandan speaks out against party - Jun 01, 2012