Kerala CPI-M leader charged with murder (Lead)May 28th, 2012 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Idukki (Kerala), May 28 (IANS) Two days after a CPI-M leader in Kerala claimed his party had killed its foes, police Monday slapped three murder and conspiracy cases against him.
The cases were registered at Thodupuzha, 220 km from the state capital Thiruvananthapuram, against M.M. Moni, the Idukki district secretary of the Communist Part of India-Marxist.
Moni sent shock waves Friday night when he told a public rally that the CPI-M had resorted to killing political foes and listed four such murders.
These murders reportedly took place in Idukki in the 1980s.
Police said three of the four murders were dismissed for want of evidence and those arrested were let off.
“Since the cases have been registered under non-bailable sections, Moni could be arrested anytime,” a legal expert told IANS.
Director General of Police T. Asif Ali had said the cases could be reopened in view of what Moni said.
The Oommen Chandy government said Moni’s revelation was “a very serious issue”.
Moni had Friday that his party activists had shot dead one a political adversary, stabbed another death and beaten to death a third, after which others fled the area.
He said the CPI-M always owned up the crimes it commits.
Several CPI-M cadres have been arrested for the May 4 murder of T.P. Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M stalwart who quit to form his own party.
- Kerala CPI-M leader charged with murder, conspiracy - May 28, 2012
- Will ask poll panel to cancel CPI-M's registration: UDF - May 28, 2012
- CPI-M pulls up leader for murder claims - May 27, 2012
- Will act if murder link proved: CPI-M - Jun 11, 2012
- Prime accused in Chandrasekharan murder case held - Jun 07, 2012
- Three CPI-M workers held for Kerala leader's murder - May 17, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- CPI-M leader held for Kerala murder - May 16, 2012
- Former CPI-M leader killed in Kerala (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Former CPI-M leader killed in Kerala - May 05, 2012
- CPI-M leader, four others held for Chandrasekharan murder - May 15, 2012
- Murder of ex-party colleague comes to haunt Kerala CPI-M (News Analysis) - May 20, 2012
- Chargesheet soon in ex-Marxist leader's murder - Jul 14, 2012
- Kerala government to proceed against CPI-M leader Mani: Chandy - Jun 03, 2012
- No compromise in probe into Left leader's murder: Chandy - May 10, 2012
Tags: 1980s, adversary, asif ali, cadres, conspiracy cases, CPI, director general, district secretary, kerala, legal expert, marxist, murders, oommen chandy, party activists, political foes, public rally, revelation, shock waves, stalwart, thiruvananthapuram