Kerala CPI-M fields Chintha editor for Rajya Sabha (Lead)June 7th, 2012 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 7 (IANS) The Left Democratic Front (LDF) Thursday decided to field CPI-M leader C.P. Narayanan as its nominee for the Rajya Sabha elections to be held in Kerala June 25.
Narayanan edits the popular party magazine “Chintha” and is known more for his writings.
Three seats in the Rajya Sabha have fallen vacant from Kerala. The second LDF candidate will be from the Communist Party of India (CPI).
The arithmetic in the 140-member Kerala assembly — the Congress-led UDF holds 72 seats and the LDF 67 — makes for a tight contest.
The UDF is expected to win two seats, with the LDF, led by the Communist Party of India-Marxist, wresting the third.
From the United Democratic Front, only the candidature of former legislator Joy Abraham of the Kerala Congress (Mani) has been announced. The Congress is still undecided on who to field.
- Kerala CPI-M fields Chintha editor for Rajya Sabha - Jun 07, 2012
- Rajya Sabha elections in Kerala to be held Monday - Jun 22, 2012
- UDF wins 2 Rajya Sabha seats, LDF 1 in Kerala - Jun 25, 2012
- No problems in alliance, all united: UDF - May 01, 2012
- Will win, but not by huge margin: Vayalar Ravi - May 13, 2011
- Seat sharing first hurdle for rival fronts in Kerala - Mar 02, 2011
- 4 Left legislators willing to cross over: Kerala UDF leader - Apr 23, 2012
- LDF, UDF in neck and neck race in Kerala - May 13, 2011
- UDF scrapes through in Kerala, LDF a close second (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Neyattinkara, land of uprisings, set for another battle (Kerala Newsletter) - Apr 20, 2012
- First off block in Kerala: BJP names 40 candidates - Mar 10, 2011
- CPI-M to contest 85 seats in Kerala - Mar 14, 2011
- Achuthanandan factor helped Left in Kerala: Congress - May 13, 2011
- Congress makes gains in Kerala local bodies polls (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Congress wins Kerala bypoll (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: abraham, arithmetic, candidature, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress, CPI, democratic front, kerala, legislator, narayanan, rajya sabha, sabha elections, tight contest