Kerala chief minister faces flak from private secretaryDecember 6th, 2008 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Dec 6 (IANS) Already contending with a feud dividing the Kerala unit of the Communist Party of India Marxist (CPI-M), Chief Minister V.S.Achuthanandan Saturday faced unexpected criticism from his own private secretary S.Rajendran. According to reports, Rajendran, speaking during the ongoing party state committee meeting, charged Achuthanandan with being surrounded by a coterie that dictated his every action.
A top CPI-M leader told IANS, on condition of anonymity, he was not surprised at the charges.
Rajendran, a former secretary in the CPI-M headquarters, is a member of the 81 member state committee of the party, its top decision making body.
The CPI-M in the state is divided between the supporters of Achuthanandan and those who owe allegiance to party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan.
Last year in May at the height of the factional feud between the two top leaders, both of them were suspended from the politburo. However, they were reinstated earlier this year after agreeing to make peace.
- Achuthanandan, Pinarayi tensions under scanner again (Letter from Kerala) - Oct 27, 2011
- Pinarayi Vijayan re-elected to top Kerala CPI-M post - Feb 10, 2012
- CPI-M Kerala unit to meet to map its future - Feb 06, 2012
- Out of politburo, Achuthanandan is miffed - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan versus Vijayan - and CPI-M? (Kerala Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- Achuthanandan seeks Vijayan's removal from CPI-M post - May 20, 2012
- Karat again elected CPI-M boss (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan visits home of murdered Marxist - Jun 02, 2012
- Chennithala takes potshots at CPI-M - Jan 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- Kerala bureaucrat lashes out at Achuthanandan's secretary - Dec 07, 2008
- Vijayan denies complaining against Achuthanandan - Aug 13, 2011
- CPI-M expels senior leader in Kerala - Jun 24, 2012
- Media creation, says Vijayan of Achuthanandan letter - May 21, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M legislator resigns - Mar 09, 2012