Kejriwal, Rai advised hospitalisationJuly 31st, 2012 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) Team Anna members Arvind Kejriwal and Gopal Rai, who have been fasting since July 25, were Tuesday advised hospitalisation following their deteriorating health but both rejected the doctors’ suggestions.
After the routine medical check-up of the four fasting leaders, doctors from Team Anna’s medical team along with their colleagues from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital said Kejriwal and Rai were not in a good condition.
“Condition of Anna Hazare and Manish Sisodia is stable but Kejriwal and Rai should get hospitalised,” a doctor announced from the podium at Jantar Mantar.
Rai had been throwing up since Monday night and his pulse rate was very low while Kejriwal, who is diabetic, was also not keeping well.
However, Kejriwal and Rai said refused to be either hospitalised or to take medicines.
“We are here to sacrifice our lives for our nation. Not to get admitted in hospital. Doctors are asking us to get hospitalised but we want to tell them that we are still powerful enough to kick off the government. And if government will try to interrupt, it will have to pay,” said Kejriwal.
Kejriwal, Rai and Sisodia have been fasting since July 25 while Hazare joined them on Sunday. Along with them, 350 other supporters are also fasting for a stringent anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill.
- Anna slams government, Kejriwal to carry on fast (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Kejriwal, Rai to continue fast despite failing health (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna hardens stand, cops want them hospitalised (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Fasting Team Anna members refuse to go to hospital (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012
- Prominent citizens appeal to Team Anna to call off fast (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Listen to doctors, cops tell Team Anna (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Participation low, spirits high at Team Anna fast - Jul 25, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, calls for real 'swaraj' (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Team Anna begins indefinite fast for a stringent Lokpal (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Team Anna to end fast in V.K. Singh's presence - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: anna hazare, anti graft, arvind kejriwal, colleagues, gopal rai, Health Science, hospital doctors, lokpal bill, manish, medical team, medicines, monday night, New Delhi, podium, pulse rate, ram manohar lohia hospital, routine medical check