Kejriwal gets breach of privilege noticeSeptember 3rd, 2011 - 10:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) After lawyer Prashant Bhushan and former top cop Kiran Bedi, parliament Saturday issued the breach of privilege notice to Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal.
Speaking to IANS, Kejriwal said: “Yes, I have received notice from parliament. I have not read it yet, but my mother called to inform me that I have received the notice.”
Earlier Saturday, Bhushan was also served notice for his remarks against members of parliament.
“The notice was sent through speed post at his residence in Ghaziabad,” an India Against Corruption activist said.
On Friday, Team Anna members had launched a fontal attack on the government, saying the it was back to its dirty tricks.
The members were addressing media on the issue of IT notice served to Kejriwal to pay Rs.9 lakh for violating the terms of his Indian Revenue Service bond.
- Team Anna faces MPs' ire, notices to Kejriwal, Bhushan - Sep 03, 2011
- Give up your vindictive attitude, Hazare tells government - Sep 04, 2011
- Time to re-examine parliamentary privilege: Bhushan - Sep 03, 2011
- First give me proof, Kejriwal says of privilege motion - Sep 05, 2011
- Gloves are off as Team Anna attacks government on IT notice - Sep 02, 2011
- Kiran Bedi skips IAC protest rally - Aug 26, 2012
- Kiran Bedi asks for proof of privilege breach - Sep 06, 2011
- Team Anna members meet Hazare - Oct 30, 2011
- Government trying to scuttle our movement: Bedi - Oct 29, 2011
- Notice to police on carpenter's plea against Anna - Sep 05, 2011
- Carpenter files plea against Anna - Sep 04, 2011
- Whither Team Anna? (News Analysis) - Oct 30, 2011
- IAC meets Saturday as demand for new core group crops up - Oct 28, 2011
- It was for the cause: Bedi on inflated reimbursements - Oct 20, 2011
- Hazare-government tensions can cause political turbulence again - Sep 04, 2011