Karunanidhi’s first son admitted to hospitalApril 2nd, 2011 - 12:55 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 1 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK president M. Karunanidhi’s first son M.K. Muthu was admitted to the Apollo Hospital here Friday and doctors attending on him said his condition was stable.
Karunanidhi himself disclosed his son’s hospitalisation at an election rally in Salem, around 330 km away from here.
When the crowd continued disturbing his speech, Karunanidhi appealed to them to be quiet.
“I am here to address you even as my eldest son M.K. Muthu is admitted in a critical condition in Apollo Hospital.”
Muthu is the son of Karunanidhi’s first wife late M.K. Padmavathy.
Apollo Hospital officials in Chennai told IANS that Muthu’s condition is stable and is under observation. He was admitted Friday morning.
Muthu (63) is an actor, singer and politician. Karunanidhi had groomed Muthu to be his successor years ago to sideline M.G. Ramachandran, who was then with the DMK.
In the campaign rally Friday, Karunanidhi asked the people and party cadres to ignore the pre-poll surveys, which predict poll victory for the opposition AIADMK camp in the April 13 assembly elections.
- Stalin complains of discomfort, in hospital - Dec 23, 2011
- Stalin complains of uneasiness, undergoes angiogram (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Stalin, Tamil Nadu ministers pay tributes to MGR - Jan 17, 2011
- Karunanidhi wins, son Stalin trails - May 13, 2011
- Tamil Nadu shelves revival of upper house - Jun 07, 2011
- People have rested me: Karunanidhi - May 13, 2011
- Karunanidhi, Jayalalithaa lead - May 13, 2011
- CBI raids Marans, DMK silent - Oct 10, 2011
- Counting at Stalin's constituency starts again - May 13, 2011
- Karunanidhi in hospital for check-up - Nov 22, 2011
- Alagiri has not resigned: Karunanidhi - Jan 08, 2011
- Tamil Nadu shelves revival of upper house (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- AIADMK sweeps Tamil Nadu, DMK stunned (Second Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi turns 87 - Jun 03, 2010
- Tie-up with secular party for next Lok Sabha poll: Karunanidhi (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: apollo hospital, assembly elections, campaign rally, chennai, chief minister, critical condition, dmk, eldest son, election rally, first wife, friday morning, hospital officials, hospitalisation, m g ramachandran, m karunanidhi, muthu, padmavathy, poll surveys, sideline, tamil nadu