Karunakaran urges Congress to give supporters party postsJune 30th, 2008 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Thrissur (Kerala), June 30 (IANS) Former Kerala chief minister K. Karunakaran, who rejoined the Congress last year after a brief break-up, Monday once again urged the party leadership to allot posts to his supporters. Karunakaran, who had split from the Congress and started his own party, returned to the Congress fold last December and has been accommodated as a permanent invitee in the Congress Working Committee. However, none of his aides has managed to get any post in either the state or district level organisations of the party.
He said that those who had returned to the Congress with him would work for the party in the coming Lok Sabha elections, but stressed that the party was yet to use their services.
The veteran leader was speaking to reporters at the temple town of Guruvayoor, around 30 km from here.
Karunakaran said the United Democratic Front (UDF), led by the Congress party, would win a majority of parliamentary seats in Kerala if all the allies in the front worked together.
“If the UDF fails to capitalise the situation, the responsibility for this will be on the state Congress leadership,” he added.
>….this is new change….
- Kerala mourns as Karunakaran dies, CPI-M salutes him (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2010
- Karunakaran wants supporters to be given party posts - Jun 15, 2008
- Chennithala, Muraleedharan likely to contest - Mar 09, 2011
- Karunakaran was upset over Congress' treatment of son - Dec 24, 2010
- PM pays homage to Karunakaran in Thrissur (Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Muraleedharan set to return to Congress fold - Feb 15, 2011
- No problems in alliance, all united: UDF - May 01, 2012
- Karunakaran leaves behind sterling political legacy (Tribute) - Dec 24, 2010
- Congress chief to decide on re-entry of Karunakaran's son - Dec 29, 2010
- Karunakaran slams state Congress leadership, praises Sonia - Jan 01, 2009
- Karunakaran: A colossus who rubbed shoulders with Nehru, Indira (Obituary) - Dec 23, 2010
- Rajya Sabha elections in Kerala to be held Monday - Jun 22, 2012
- Congress-led front will win in Kerala, says party report - Apr 21, 2011
- Kerala minister Jacob dies in hospital - Oct 31, 2011
- Murmurs in Congress over Kerala cabinet selection - May 29, 2011
Tags: aides, allies, congress leadership, congress party, congress working committee, democratic front, guruvayoor, invitee, k karunakaran, kerala chief minister, lok sabha elections, organisations, parliamentary seats, party leadership, party posts, state congress, temple town, veteran leader