Karunakaran, aides stay away from Congress meetApril 18th, 2008 - 11:27 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, April 18 (IANS) Veteran Kerala leader K. Karunakaran, who returned to the Congress fold a few months ago, and his aides did not attend the party’s executive meet here Friday as they failed to get any post in the party’s state unit. Asked why Karunakaran and his supporters were not allotted posts, state party president Ramesh Chennithala said the decision had to come from the All India Congress Committee.
“There have been discussions about this in Delhi but it appears the central leadership of the party is busy with elections in some states. Since it has to come from Delhi, he and his supporters did not take part in the party meeting here,” Chennithala told reporters after the meet.
Karunakaran was in December last year given the green signal to return to the party by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi at a meeting he had with her in Delhi.
The veteran, who turns 90 in July, preferred to maintain silence over non-allocation of posts to him or his supporters.
- Muraleedharan set to return to Congress fold - Feb 15, 2011
- Kerala state Congress gears up for revamp - Aug 05, 2012
- Chennithala, Muraleedharan likely to contest - Mar 09, 2011
- 50 percent newcomers, women, youth likely in Congress' Kerala list - Mar 23, 2011
- Kerala mourns as Karunakaran dies, CPI-M salutes him (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2010
- Karunakaran tries again to get son back in Congress - Jan 12, 2010
- Karunakaran: A colossus who rubbed shoulders with Nehru, Indira (Obituary) - Dec 23, 2010
- Congress debates Muraleedharan's return - again - Jan 26, 2010
- UDF candidates list to be out in a few days: Chennithala - Mar 14, 2011
- Congress chief to decide on re-entry of Karunakaran's son - Dec 29, 2010
- Keep the flock together, Sonia Gandhi tells Kerala leaders - May 25, 2011
- Karunakaran determined on son's return to Congress - Dec 23, 2009
- Congress' Kerala unit asks Sonia to select new chief - Sep 17, 2010
- Muraleedharan wants to return to Congress, expelled from NCP (Lead) - Jul 31, 2009
- Thiruvananthapuram comes to a halt, political leaders praise Karunakaran - Dec 23, 2010