Karnataka’s new minister gets bail in land grab caseJuly 18th, 2012 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 18 (IANS) Karnataka’s new minister C.T. Ravi, who is also the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) state unit spokesperson, Wednesday secured anticipatory bail from the high court in a land grab case.
Relief for Ravi came on the eve of the assembly session, his first as minister. He was inducted into the BJP’s third ministry in the state in four years last Thursday. The ministry is headed by Jagadish Shettar who has allotted the higher education portfolio to Ravi.
Granting the anticipatory bail to Ravi, his wife, his sister and brother-in-law, Justice V. Jagannathan ordered them to furnish a personal bond of Rs.200,000 each and two sureties for a like sum and not to leave the state or the country without the trial court’s permission.
Ravi and his family members are accused of getting civic amenity sites and residential sites, violating the rules in his hometown of Chikmagalur, about 250 km north of Bangalore.
A Chikmagalur resident, Deviprasad has filed the case against Ravi and his family in the Lokayukta (ombudsman) court in Bangalore which exclusively deals with corruption cases.
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail in land scam case - Jan 17, 2012
- Yeddyurappa gets bail in one case - Nov 03, 2011
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Anticipatory bail for Yeddyurappa in another graft case - Nov 29, 2011
- BJP, new Karnataka CM Shettar face tense days (News Analysis) - Jul 17, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka CM, promises graft-free regime (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka CM, promises graft-free regime (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
- Karnataka BJP legislator gets bail in bribery case - Jun 05, 2012
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail as graft case adjourned (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- Karnataka BJP split wide open (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Shettar rose from ABVP and RSS ranks (Profile) - Jul 08, 2012
- Yeddyurappa granted anticipatory bail in graft case - Sep 15, 2011
- Yeddyurappa, kin get anticipatory bail in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Another Yeddyurappa bail plea hearing adjourned - Aug 30, 2011
- Karnataka CM-designate Shettar in land deal row - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: assembly session, bharatiya janata party, bjp, chikmagalur, civic amenity sites, corruption cases, education portfolio, jagannathan, karnataka, land grab, last thursday, law justice, ombudsman, personal bond, ravi, rs 200, sister and brother, spokesperson, sureties, trial court