Karnataka to get four passport facilitation centresJune 12th, 2009 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 11 (IANS) The external affairs ministry has decided to set up four passport facilitation centres in Karnataka to help people apply for and secure passports with ease, the state government said Thursday.
“The ministry has decided to locate two facilitation centres in Bangalore and one each at Hubli in central Karnataka and Mangalore in coastal Karnataka. A mini facilitation centre will also be set up at Gulbarga in north Karnataka,” an official statement said.
Thanking External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna for the decision, state Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa said the facilitation centres should be upgraded into full-fledged passport offices to help people avail all services at one place.
Krishna, who hails from Karnataka, was the state’s chief minister 1999-2004.
- Lokayukta denies naming Krishna in mining report - Jul 23, 2011
- Krishna launches Passport Seva Project in Bangalore (Lead) - May 28, 2010
- Corruption has sullied Karnataka's image: Krishna - Nov 20, 2010
- Yeddyurappa wants BJP to probe charges against him - Jul 25, 2011
- India to issue e-passports to citizens soon - Mar 06, 2010
- BJP demands Krishna's resignation over illegal mining - Dec 09, 2011
- Three Karnataka ex-CMs named in mining scam FIR - Dec 08, 2011
- Rajya Sabha adjourned twice over 'quit Krishna' demand - Dec 09, 2011
- Krishna blasts Yeddyurappa over land scam allegations - Dec 23, 2010
- Krishna rubbishes Yeddyruappa's claims on land deals - Nov 16, 2010
- Krishna abetted illegal mining in Karnataka: NGO - Jan 05, 2012
- Krishna declines comment on demand for his resignation - Dec 10, 2011
- Will quit if Lokayukta phone tapping proved: Yeddyurappa - Jul 25, 2011
- Shutdown hits India's tech hub partially (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Krishna moves high court to quash illegal mining case - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: bangalore, chief minister, coastal karnataka, external affairs minister, external affairs ministry, facilitation centre, gulbarga, hubli, krishna, mangalore, north karnataka, passport offices, passports, state chief, state government