Karnataka sleazegate: three ministers quit (Lead)February 8th, 2012 - 1:37 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 8 (IANS) Three Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ministers in Karnataka resigned from their posts Wednesday, a day after two of them were caught watching porn on the third minister’s phone in the state assembly.
Laxman Savadi, C.C. Patil and J. Krishna Palemar had voluntarily resigned, Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda told reporters.
“I have accepted them and forwarded to the Governor for acceptance,” he said.
The three ministers, he added, had denied any wrong doing and sought a probe which they claimed would prove them innocent of charges.
Private Kannada TV channels Tuesday showed Savadi intently watching the clip while Patil appeared to take a brief look at them. Both said the cell phone belonged to Palemar.
State BJP chief K.S. Eshwarappa and former chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa said that the three ministers had quit voluntarily “so as not to embarrass the party”.
Savadi held the cooperation portfolio, Patil handled women and child welfare while Palemar looked after environment and ports.
- Karnataka sleazegate ministers quit, BJP embarrassed (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Governor accepts resignations of three Karnataka ministers - Feb 08, 2012
- BJP's moral halo is fading rapidly (News Analysis) - Feb 08, 2012
- Sleazegate scalps three Karnataka ministers, leaves BJP red-faced (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2012
- Congress stays away from sleazegate probe - Feb 15, 2012
- Gadkari tries to end Karnataka power struggle - Feb 24, 2012
- Porn incident unfortunate, BJP took action: Gadkari - Feb 08, 2012
- BJP ministers watch porn in Karnataka assembly; face sack (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Three Karnataka porngate ministers quit, BJP red-faced (Afternoon Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- BJP plans morality lessons for Karnataka lawmakers - Feb 14, 2012
- Ahead of Gadkari visit, Karnataka BJP infighting intensifies - Feb 22, 2012
- Porn incident unfortunate: BJP leaders (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Porngate unfortunate, say BJP leaders (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- 'Sleazegate' ministers reply to speaker's notice - Feb 16, 2012
- Porngate: Caught minister wanted dress code for women! - Feb 08, 2012