Karat bats for AchuthanandanApril 10th, 2012 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode (Kerala), April 10 (IANS) CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat Tuesday dismissed as baseless reports that former Kerala chief minister V.S. Achuthanandan was “ousted” from the politburo.
Karat said told the party-backed Kairali TV channel: “Achuthanandan has been included in the central committee because he was given consideration as a special case.
“Generally people who are above 80 are included taking into consideration their long experience in the party,” said Karat.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist Monday formed a new 15-member politburo and an 89-member central committee. The veteran Achuthanandan was not included in the politburo.
On Monday, Achuthanandan, now the leader of the opposition in the state assembly, did not attend the customary public meeting of the CPI-M at the end of the party congress.
Karat said: “Achuthanandan never boycotted the public meeting. He left after taking part in the congress.”
Posters expressing solidarity with the Marxist veteran have appeared in the northern districts of the state.
- Karat again elected CPI-M boss (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- CPI-M denies attack on Achuthanandan at party meet - Feb 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan all set to defy party, go to Kudankulam - Sep 10, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- Vijayan denies complaining against Achuthanandan - Aug 13, 2011
- Achuthanandan escapes with public censure - Jul 22, 2012
- Out of politburo, Achuthanandan is miffed - Apr 09, 2012
- Buddhadeb skips CPI-M meet - Apr 03, 2012
- No role to play in Achuthanandan issue, says Karat - Mar 25, 2011
- Controversy over Jesus Christ needless: Karat - Feb 07, 2012
- CPI-M expels 570 cadres in Tripura - Jan 15, 2012
- Row over Jesus a conspiracy: Karat (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Achuthanandan versus Vijayan - and CPI-M? (Kerala Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- Crucial five day Kerala CPI-M party meeting starts Sunday - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: bats, central committee, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, general secretary, kerala chief minister, kozhikode, leader of the opposition, member central, party congress, politburo, posters, prakash karat, solidarity, state assembly, taking into consideration, tv channel, v s achuthanandan