Kapil Sibal, Ahmed Patel framed me: Maya KodnaniApril 4th, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, April 4 (IANS) Former Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani, who is under arrest for her alleged involvement in a massacre during the 2002 communal riots, Saturday accused Congress leaders Kapil Sibal and Ahmed Patel of having falsely implicated her and former state Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) general secretary Jaideep Patel.
“We have been falsely implicated by Kapil Sibal and Ahmed Patel,” she told reporters after being sent to 24 hours judicial custody by a city metropolitan court.
The judge asked the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) to bring Kodnani to court again Sunday to continue the hearing after carrying out further questioning in the Naroda Patia riots case.
The court also ordered that Jaideep Patel be sent to Sabarmati jail as the investigations in the case of Naroda Gam riots case in which he had been named as an accused had been completed by the SIT.
After coming out of the courtroom, Patel said he had urged the court to provide him police protection inside Sabarmati jail since the prison has witnessed some violence among the inmates lately.
“The court has agreed to provide protection to me as per the jail manual,” he added.
The riots in Naroda Gam and Naroda Patia localities of Ahmedabad followed the burning of the S-6 coach of the Sabarmati Express at the Godhra Railway station, which resulted in the death of 59 passengers on Feb 26, 2002.
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2009
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- SIT files charge sheets against Kodnani, Patel (Lead) - May 01, 2009
- Another Gujarat police officer faces action - Aug 11, 2011
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani granted bail - May 19, 2009
- Former Gujarat minister to be sent to jail - Apr 09, 2009
- Bajrangi said he felt like Rana Pratap after Naroda killings - Aug 29, 2012
- Ahmedabad court extends police remand of Mayaben Kodnani, Jaideep Patel till April 4 - Apr 01, 2009
- Mayaben Kodnani's police custody ends today - Apr 01, 2009
- Protect police officer as Gujarat riots witness, SIT urged - Feb 12, 2011
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat riots: former minister, two cops summoned - Sep 19, 2010
- Riot accused gets more time to reply to lawyer's charge - Jun 26, 2010
Tags: ahmed patel, ahmedabad, april 4, communal riots, congress leaders, courtroom, general secretary, gujarat minister, inmates, investigation team, jaideep, judicial custody, kapil sibal, localities, metropolitan court, patia, police protection, railway station, vhp, vishwa hindu parishad