Kanimozhi, three others move high court for bailNovember 5th, 2011 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 5 (IANS) DMK MP Kanimozhi and three others accused in the 2G case Saturday moved Delhi High Court seeking bail, two days after a CBI special court turned down their plea.
Kanimozhi, who is in jail since May, along with Kalaignar TV chief Sharad Kumar, directors of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Agarwal approached the high court for bail.
The CBI Special Court Thursday denied bail to Kanimozhi and seven others, saying the court will begin trial in the 2G scam from Nov 11.
Others whose bail applications were dismissed included Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, former communications minister A. Raja’s then private secretary R.K. Chandolia, Bollywood producer Karim Morani, and former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura.
Kanimozhi has been denied bail four times.
- Notice to CBI on bail plea of Kanimozhi, four others - Nov 09, 2011
- 2G scam: Shahid Balwa's bail decision reserved - May 18, 2011
- 2G case: Behura says CBI discriminating - Nov 01, 2011
- Need to protect rights of 2G witnesses, victims: Court - Nov 03, 2011
- Kanimozhi gets two-day exemption from court appearance (Lead) - May 10, 2011
- 2G case: Delhi High Court stays Chandolia's bail (Second Lead) - Dec 02, 2011
- Hopes dashed as Kanimozhi, others denied bail again (Roundup) - Nov 03, 2011
- 2G case: Decision on Chandolia's bail plea Thursday (Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- 2G scam: Three accused withdraw bail pleas - Jun 20, 2011
- Denial of bail to Kanimozhi not end of road: Congress - Nov 03, 2011
- 2G scam: Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar appear in CBI court (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- 2G scam: Another CBI chargesheet likely on Monday - Apr 24, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani exempted from appearance third time - May 12, 2011
- 2G: Notice to CBI on Behura's bail plea - Nov 16, 2011
- Cineyug's Morani asked to approach trial court for bail - May 03, 2011
Tags: asif, bollywood, cbi, delhi high court, dmk, fruits and vegetables, kanimozhi, karim, morani, New Delhi, nov 5, plea, private secretary, promoter, pvt ltd, raja, rajiv, siddhartha, swan, tv chief