Kanda’s Gurgaon farmhouse, office searched (Lead)August 20th, 2012 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon/New Delhi, Aug 20 (IANS) Delhi Police Monday searched the Gurgaon farmhouse and office of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma, and seized some items.
Investigators, including those from the cyber crime cell, searched the office of Kanda’s now-defunct MDLR Airlines and collected some electronic articles. Some articles were also seized from his farmhouse in Gawal Pahari on the Gurgaon-Faridabad road.
“All the items have been kept in police custody as evidence and only after examining these, the items can anything be disclosed,” said a police officer.
Kanda, who is in seven-day police custody, was first taken to his farmhouse and then to his office.
“We are searching for the computer which was used to send a forged letter through email to a Dubai-based airline where Geetika had joined after the MDLR Airlines stopped operations in 2009. Due to the mail, Geetika had to quit her job in Dubai and come back to India,” said the officer.
“We recovered two computer hard disks during the search at MDLR office Sunday. We have recovered some more crucial evidence from Kanda’s farmhouse and MDLR office during the search conducted today,” added the officer.
Kanda’s relatives and two women were present during the hour-long search at the farmhouse as well as at his office.
He was arrested in Delhi Saturday after he surrendered at a police station. He was later sent to police custody for questioning.
He was on the run since Aug 8 after Geetika, 23, accused him and Aruna Chaddha, an official of MDLR Airlines, of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. Chaddha is in judicial custody.
Geetika hanged herself on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Ashok Vihar in north Delhi.
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Raids continue on Kanda's homes, offices (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Kanda's office, home searched - Aug 19, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda evades reply to 7 key questions - Aug 19, 2012
- Delhi cops search Kanda office with Aruna Chaddha - Aug 12, 2012
- Kanda close to being nailed in Geetika suicide: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Gurgaon women to march for Geetika to Jantar Mantar - Aug 22, 2012
- Raids on Kanda's homes, offices continue - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Kanda will be arrested soon, says police (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Kanda hunt on, Geetika's autopsy confirms no foul play - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: ashok, computer hard disks, cyber crime, delhi police, electronic articles, farmhouse, flight attendant, gurgaon, haryana minister, job in dubai, judicial custody, kanda, mail, mdlr airlines, New Delhi, north delhi, police custody, police officer, police station, two women