Kanda sent to judicial custody (Lead)August 28th, 2012 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) A Delhi court Tuesday sent Haryana’s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of his employee and former flight attendant Geetika Sharma, to jail after the end of his interrogation in police custody.
Metropolitan Magistrate Devender Kumar Jangala sent Kanda to 14 days’ judicial custody.
The court ordered that the accused would be provided a separate vehicle for travelling between the court and jail due to security reasons.
The former minister was arrested Aug 18. He remained in police custody for 10 days.
Geetika, 23, who earlier worked in Kanda’s now-defunct MDLR Airlines, died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Delhi’s Ashok Vihar area.
Her two suicide notes named Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha for harassing her and driving her to suicide. Both have denied the allegations. Chaddha is in judicial custody.
After Kanda’s airlines ceased to function in 2009, Geetika was given another assignment in the group owned by him.
Kanda, who was forced to resign as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana in the face of public outcry over Geetika’s suicide, was booked for abetment to suicide by Delhi Police.
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Geetika case politically motivated, Kanda tells court (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves bail application - Aug 31, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea for Chaddha's custody (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Hearing on Aruna Chaddha's bail plea deferred - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: abetment, allegations, ashok, delhi court, delhi police, flight attendant, haryana, interrogation, judicial custody, magistrate, mdlr airlines, minister of state, New Delhi, police custody, public outcry, security reasons, suicide