Kanda, Chaddha in judicial custody till Sep 25September 11th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 11 (IANS) A Delhi court Tuesday extended till Sep 25 the judicial custody of former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha, accused of abetting the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma.
Metropolitan Magistrate Bhupinder Singh extended the judicial custody of Kanda and Chaddha, a former official of Kanda’s now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika had worked, in a proceeding conducted via video conferencing.
“Accused (Kanda and Chaddha) produced through electronic video linkage. Heard. Accused be remanded in judicial custody till Sep 25,” the court said.
The court earlier allowed the Delhi Police plea for conducting proceedings through video link as huge crowds gathered inside the court room during the hearings.
The former Haryana minister was arrested Aug 18.
Geetika, 23, died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Delhi’s Ashok Vihar area.
Her two suicide notes named Kanda and Chaddha for harassing her and driving her to suicide. Both have denied the allegations.
After Kanda’s airlines ceased to function in 2009, Geetika was given another assignment in the group owned by him.
Kanda was forced to resign as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana in the face of public outcry over Geetika’s suicide.
- Hearing on Aruna Chaddha's bail plea deferred - Sep 05, 2012
- Court rejects Aruna Chaddha's bail plea - Sep 07, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves bail application - Aug 31, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to a day's judicial custody - Aug 20, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves high court for bail (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Geetika case politically motivated, Kanda tells court (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: airlines, allegations, ashok, delhi court, delhi police, flight attendant, haryana minister, huge crowds, judicial custody, linkage, magistrate, minister of state, New Delhi, plea, proceeding, proceedings, public outcry, sep 11, video conferencing, video link