Kalmadi was appointed by Sonia, PM: GadkariAugust 9th, 2011 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday attacked the central government saying that Suresh Kalmadi was appointed chief of the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the recommendation of Congress head Sonia Gandhi.
The youth wing of the BJP Tuesday took out a rally from Ramlila ground in central Delhi to Jantar Mantar to demand the ouster of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who was indicted of irregularities in the Games by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).
“The report clearly indicts the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and Dikshit of being involved in financial irregularities worth crores (of Rupees). I want an answer from Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on the CAG report,” BJP chief Nitin Gadkari said while addressing the rally.
Gadkari also compared the situation to Karnataka.
“Congress was telling us that we are not taking action against former Karnataka chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa. Now, we ask the same thing… take action against Dikshit,” he said.
Gadkari said that Kalmadi was appointed by the prime minister at the behest of Sonia Gandhi and the government is now blaming the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance.
- BJP protests, says government shielding Dikshit (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Government shielding Dikshit: BJP - Aug 09, 2011
- Debate on CWG generates heat, parliament forced to adjourn (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2011
- Congress to face opposition heat over CAG report - Aug 05, 2011
- BJP seeks Dikshit's resignation (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Congress defends Dikshit as BJP demands she resign (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Dikshit should resign immediately: Gadkari - Aug 06, 2011
- I am not answerable to BJP, says Dikshit - Aug 08, 2011
- Deadlock over Dikshit stalls parliament again (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- CAG has not indicted Dikshit, says Delhi minister - Aug 08, 2011
- Congress core group discusses CAG report - Aug 06, 2011
- Let parliament function normally: Sheila Dikshit - Aug 09, 2011
- Congress defends Dikshit on CAG report (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Let them do what they want: Dikshit - Aug 08, 2011
- Nothing to hide in CWG: Delhi government (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
Tags: behest, bharatiya janata party, bjp, cag report, central delhi, commonwealth games, congress chief, financial irregularities, karnataka chief minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, national democratic alliance, organising committee, ouster, pmo, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sheila dikshit, sonia gandhi, worth crores