Kalka-Shimla national highway to be four-laned: DhumalFebruary 17th, 2009 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 17 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Tuesday said the central government has agreed to four-lane the national highway from Kalka in Haryana to Shimla in Himachal Pradesh.
“The central government has approved in principle the four-laning of the national highway from Kalka to Shimla,” Dhumal told the state assembly.
In 2006 the central government approved four-laning from Kalka to Solan only, but now has accepted the state government request to extend it up to the state capital, the chie minister said.
“The state government has argued that four-laning of the national highway No 22 from Kalka to Solan would be incomplete unless extended to Shimla for convenience of tourists and efficient transportation of goods to interior areas,” Dhumal added.
“Tenders have been invited for the road from Parwanoo to Solan and work would start soon,” he said.
- Transfer Punjab power plant to Himachal, demands Dhumal - Jul 13, 2012
- Centre okays four-laning of Himachal highway - Oct 02, 2009
- Four-laning of Shimla-Pathankot highway gets nod - Sep 03, 2012
- On highway to Shimla? Be ready for rough ride - Aug 16, 2010
- Virbhadra accuses Dhumal of vindictiveness - Jul 01, 2012
- Himachal-Haryana bypass to be ready by December - Jul 07, 2011
- India's first RFID technology toll comes up near Chandigarh - Apr 19, 2012
- More snow, Shimla records season's lowest temperature - Jan 09, 2012
- Himachal-Haryana bypass opens for motorists - Apr 06, 2012
- Dhumal warns of Chinese threat after air intrusion (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Himachal invites industrial investments for new estate - Jan 29, 2012
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh Government to build international airport near Shimla - Oct 26, 2010
- Put end to drunken driving: Himachal high court - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: central government, chie, chief minister, convenience, government request, haryana, interior areas, laning, national highway, parwanoo, principle, state assembly, state government, tenders, tourists, transportation of goods